Last year I had so much fun hosting a Wreath Making Workshop with Juniper Flowers where Jean Louise walked us through how to make our own Holiday Wreaths, that this year I thought I would try out what I learned.
To make the wreaths, you only need a few items which include a wreath frame; green paddle wire; wire cutters, pruning shears; and any embellishments you might want like berries, pine cones and ribbon. All of these items can be easily found at any craft store.
You will also need an assortment of fresh greens. I love a mixture of juniper, cedar, pine and spruce. If you aren’t able to get these from your yard, you can find them at local nurseries or florists.
Here are the easy instructions:
- Cut your greens to about 6 inches or so;
- Grab a bundle of different types of greens;
- Hold the bundle on top of the wreath form and wrap the wire around your wreath form;
- Twist the wire end around the form tightly;
- Add embellishments as you go or you can wait until the end;
- To add them, twist wire around some holly berries, pineccones and ribbon as desired;
- Do not cute the wire, leave it hanging from your wreath form;
- Continue stacking bundles and wrapping until the wreath is covered in greens;
- Wrap wire around your last group of greens and cut the wire and wrap the end around the frame just as you did when you started; and
- To be able to hang your wreath simply attach a pipe cleaner to back of the form and twist securely.
Photography by: S.Wolfe Photography