I love gingerbread flavor almost as much as pumpkin spice. If you need a last minute gift for neighbors, teachers or friends consider making a jar of this Gingerbread Caramel Sauce. You will probably want to keep a jar for yourself. I love to drizzle it over hot chocolate or coffee but it is also great over ice cream.
Here is the easy recipe:
3 cups of sugar
¾ cup water
1 ½ teaspoon Karo Corn Syrup
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons of butter
1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan bring to boil sugar, water and Karo Corn Syrup stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cook without stirring, until it becomes amber (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy whipping cream and butter.
- Stir in ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- Pour into small jam jars and let cool.
*Keep in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
Photography by: S.Wolfe Photography