Recently I used Bandanas as filler for gift baskets which led me to think about other uses for the pretty squares. My daughter is always looking for a bag to carry around her books, sunglasses and sunscreen for quick trips to the park. So I picked up a few extra in one of her favorite colors and in about 20 minutes was able to create a simple bag. Below is the How To.
4 Bandanas (unfolded and ironed)
4 yards of Craft Cord or thin rope
- Cut the top solid strip off the top of two of the Bandanas.
- Line the strip up with the top of one of the Bandanas and sew a straight stitch on the top and bottom of the strip.
- Repeat for the second Bandana.
- Line the 2 Bandanas up together with the patterns facing toward each other and the channels next to each other and pin.
- Sew a basic straight seam on 3 sides of the Bandana starting below the channel, down one side, along the edge and up the other side.
- Turn the Bandanas right side out.
- Thread the cord through the channel and tie the ends together.
- Rotate the cord so that the knot stays hidden in the channel.
- Sew a straight stitch on the top strip leaving room for the cord.
My daughter added her favorite journal book and sunglasses and she was ready for a trip to the park!
Photography by: S.Wolfe Photography